Friday, September 30, 2005

Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China)

Your humble blogger already has reported that Judge Daniels gave final approval to the copyright class action settlement at Tuesday’s hearing in New York.

Edward Hasbrouck, who exposed some of the lawyers’ misrepresentations in court filings, tells me that the Authors Guild -- one of the “associational plaintiff” “winners” -- has sent around a new missive apologizing for not having communicated well to the class about recent developments, and promising to do everything in its meager power to help writers get their claims on file by the deadline. Which is today.

As the objectors begin preparing our pleadings to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, don’t forget also to send in (with a postmark no later than today) your denial-of-future-rights forms. We have downloadable samples at http://muchnick.net/DenialForms.doc.

And keep them cards and letters coming, as Dean Martin used to say. But don’t expect to hear much from this quarter for the next few weeks. That’s because I’m heading off to China on a mission more important than authors’ rights in the brave new digital world -- yea, even more important than my St. Louis Cardinals’ quest to win their first World Series in 23 years.

My wife and three kids will remain behind and, of course, will closely monitor the activities of the entities comprising the Defense Group, as well as their assorted parents, predecessors, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates, and all licensees thereof.

If, upon my return, I find that any of them have engaged in further monkey business, then I shall be forced to instruct the newest addition to our family -- Lia Fu Hao Schneider, born October 21, 2004 -- to pummel them severely about the head and shoulders.

10 Comments:

Anonymous free website content said...

Hi Irv Muchnick,
Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) is truly a nice piece of work!
While looking for more information about articles to submit,
I see so much rubbish, that I am glad to find a blog like yours.
My interest goes out to articles to submit related information,
but Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) is a real inspiration for me.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous free articles said...

Hi Irv Muchnick,
Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) is one of the really interesting blogs I’ve found during my search for info about free to use articles. Although Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) isn't exactly what I was looking for, I want to express my admiration, keep up the good work! While looking for more information about free to use articles, I seldom see a good blog like yours.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous free articles said...

Hi Irv Muchnick,
Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) is truly a nice piece of work!
While looking for more information about free website content,
I see so much rubbish, that I am glad to find a blog like yours.
My interest goes out to free website content related information,
but Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) is a real inspiration for me.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Irv Muchnick,
Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) is one of the really interesting blogs I’ve found during my search for info about articles for publishers. Although Gone Fishin’ (In Jiangxi Province, China) isn't exactly what I was looking for, I want to express my admiration, keep up the good work! While looking for more information about articles for publishers, I seldom see a good blog like yours.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous doc said...

Hi ##name##, thought this might be of interest to you. If you need information on anything in life, ie dating, credit card repairs,acne, breast cancer, etc. go to http://www.infopowermall.com/ and you will find it there

11:20 PM  
Blogger Fred said...

Gooday, I was surfing around and came accross your post on quite by accident. Although it was not related to what I was searching for it somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I sometimes have a soft spot for blogs related to writing articles and /or sites that have a central theme around writing articles type items.

Once again ##NAME##, thank you for your post.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Acne Cure said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. I will keep reading.
Please take the time to visit my following blogs about Acne:
proactive acne treatment blog.
best acne treatment blog.
acne scar treatment blog.
laser acne treatment blog.

12:31 AM  
Blogger answer-man said...

ps I'm having a little trouble sending comments so if I do it twice please excuse me and I apologize.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous articles said...

I would like to jump in here and bring to everyones attention that the information on this blog should also be shared with the readers of http://www.articlebeat.com Our sites readers and authors would benefit from the information being discussed here and would help get the word out faster, to everyone interested. With plenty of articles on our site, the bloggers here would benefit from our site and our site users would benefit from the bloggers.

Come share, exchange and debate with us at http://www.articlebeat.com today.

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Policemen are numbered in case they are lost! "Spike Milligan"

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home