Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Class Action King Lerach Cops a Plea

San Diego lawyer Bill Lerach the king of class action, has pleaded guilty to a federal charge that he engaged in an illegal kickback scheme for plaintiffs of many of his cases. Lerach will do some prison time in addition to forfeiting $7.75 million in unlawful gains and paying a $250,000 fine.

Lerach's former firm, Milberg Weiss, was announced in 2005 as representing the Authors Guild in its class action against Google. I couldn't find the reference to Milberg Weiss when I browsed the Authors Guild website today. I am not charging that the reference was expunged; I just can't put my finger on it at a confusing and poorly organized site. If any blog readers have further information -- not only on the Authors Guild's representation, but also on the status of the Google suit itself -- drop me an email at info@muchnick.net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home