Friday, May 20, 2005

Hearing Next Tuesday on Motion to Vacate; Briefs Posted at Website

United States District Court Judge George M. Daniels will hold a hearing next Tuesday, May 24, on my motion to vacate the $10-to-$18-million preliminary settlement in the copyright class action.

All the briefs are now up at our website, http://freelancerights.muchnick.net. On the left-hand side of the page you'll find three sets of links -- to my original April motion and supporting documents; to the opposition brief and supporting documents, filed yesterday; and to the reply brief and supporting documents, filed today.

The settlement agreement and related pleadings can be viewed at the associational plaintiffs' website, http://www.freelancerights.com. I'll get those up at our site, as well ... as soon as I clean up my desk, file my tax returns, and watch the Cardinals win the World Series.

Perhaps the most "newsworthy" item in the lawyering attendant to the motion is in my attorney Charles Chalmers' declaration today. He supplies the court -- as we supplied blog readers a few days ago -- with the 2001 ASJA report of an NWU study estimating claims of between $2.5 billion and $600 billion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home