Wednesday, June 21, 2006

UnSettlement Heads Deep Into Marvin Gaye Country

Mother, mother
There's too many of you crying....

Talk to me
So you can see
What's going on
Ya, what's going on
Tell me what's going on?



I didn't know that the clowns managing the UnSettlement were Motown fans. But with cries of confusion and outrage reverberating through cyberspace over the claims administrator's wholesale mailing of ambiguous, inaccurate, and gratuitous defect notices, the president of the "associational plaintiff" National Writers Union, Gerard Colby, felt he had to do something. He doesn't exactly tell us "What's Going On" -- but in all fairness he obviously doesn't know himself. So he does what he does best: announce a throat-clearing project to create a new "database" of useless information.

Sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. Below is the full text of Colby's message, which went out to "past and current members" of the NWU and got forwarded to your humble blogger. (As a past member myself, I received such bulletins up until very recently, but apparently have been expunged from the "database.")

Recently, the Claim Administrator in the electronic rights class action settlement has been in touch with some members who filed claims, disputing their claims on the basis of alleged incomplete claim forms. Since I onlyknow of such challenges when members contact me, it is vitally important that we make up our oun database of NWU members, current and past, who have filed claims so that we can keep them informed of developments and bring these challenges to the attention of the attorneys representing NWU member, past and current. If you have filed a claim in the settlement of In re: Literary Works in Electronic Databases Copyright Litigation, ...please email us your name, address, email address and phone number ASAP to settlement@nwu.org. Thank you.

In solidarity,
Jerry

Gerard Colby
President
National Writers Union, UAW Local 1981

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irv, I'm the chair of my NWU chapter and a grievance officer, and I didn't get this message from Jerry Colby either.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home