Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Correction: DO Expect a Supreme Court Decision on Cert Soon (I Think)

I apologize for the previous post, which I now think is incorrect. The Supreme Court probably will review the petition to grant certiorari on a Friday in the very near future, and then announce the decision the next Monday. At the end of September the justices usually have a several-day-long meeting to catch up on matters from the summer.

In short, I think the commenter who posted a question about the timing was right -- we will know pretty shortly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Moxie said...

FYI, I checked the Supreme Court docket today and this case is scheduled for Conference on Sept. 29 (a Monday).

Does this mean that the case has made it out of the cert pool & now will be discussed by the Justices?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Irv Muchnick said...

Moxie -- Thanks for this catch. I'll check further and post more info if I get it. I don't know whether or not our case has "has made it out of the cert pool" (which you seem to think is analogous to a manuscript slush pile), but the September 29 conference is surely key.

Irv Muchnick

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home